Friday, August 01, 2008

Couch to 5k Training

I started a new training regime a couple of weeks ago and really liking it. Its called Couch to 5k

I am a on-again but mostly off-again type of cardio girl, I'd rather be doing weights, yoga, tennis or something like this. So, this is has helped me get back in to running. It's a 3 times a week/9 week set schedule that is really easy to follow. You pick the days to run as long as you get the 3 days done. Then after 9 weeks, you will have gone from your lazy couch to running a 5k(3.1) miles.

I'll be ready for the Turkey-Trot this year, which is a 12k or 2 mile run/walk race. In Lubbock on Thanksgiving Day at Mackenzie Park. Start at 9am. We'll be there what about you???

Leaving the house and it was FREAKING cold outside.....we look more like we're going skiing....
Runners approach the starting line.....
Eric did the 12k....that's 7.4 miles, EEEK! Maybe we will join him this year--
that's a BIG MAYBE
Jennifer, Matthias and I ran together and each one of us placed in our age group. Thanks to all those who skipped out because of the weather....We'll take it!