Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer goes better with H2O!!!!

Remember being a kid during summertime? It was all about the H2O, whether is be through a water hose, jumping through the sprinklers or wading in the pool, it didn't matter as long as the water was on. Growing up on Adrian street we lived right across from the school. So on the days when the grounds we're being watered these huge, powerful sprinklers would come on and we would run around for hours having sprinkler wars against each other. There we're these 3 tall Evergreen trees close to the school where water would collect and make huge mud ponds(probably puddles, but at 6, 7, 8 years old they seemed like ponds)so we would jump, splash and make mud pies for each other....so much fun!

I remember so many other places where the water ruled my summer days. Kerry and I had our birthday(July 13th) parties at the water park in Plainview a couple of years. Mom would load up the van with a bunch of screaming kids and off we'd go for an all day adventure--we thought we we're the coolest. Then when we we're a little older Mom would drop us off at Maxey Pool or Clapp Pool for the afternoons to cool off from the summer heat. And I remember the summer we started building our house in Slaton, I lived to go to the Slaton pool. It was there I met some of my first friends in Slaton.

So when we say "Ava do you want to play in the pool," "Ava do you want to go swimming" or "Ava do you want to water the flowers." I understand why she gets a huge smile on her face and beams sunshine from her eyes....I totally UNDERSTAND!!"







Plano has some of the best community pools and spray parks around. So we started our day off today at Jack Carter Pool and plan on hitting all of them by the time summer is over.Last weekend my niece and nephew were in the Lubbock hanging out with Dee Dee and Papa. Here they are playing out in the sprinklers.....

We'll also have our pool going on in the backyard this summer....think I need to invest a little more $ next time....but to the kids, it doesn't matter.....