Last week I got to hang out with my long time friend Rochelle Rae-owner, creator, artist, heart and soul of RAE Cosmetics. Pamela's boutique in Coppell Texas is carrying her makeup now and they had a big celebration to launch the makeup line. Margaritas and makeup brushes where flying everywhere. We had lots of fun and it was great to hang with them all.
Now I have to say, I'm a RAE lover. I needed to buy some makeup a few months ago and I did....all RAE stuff. And I'm loving it. It's mineral makeup and if you don't know the difference in mineral makeup and dept. store makeup let me help you out...I found this info on
mineral makeup beauty blog...
WHAT IS MINERAL MAKEUP?
Mineral makeup has only recently become commercially popular, but is in fact the oldest form of makeup (Cleopatra used mineral cosmetics for her skin care - and that was more than two thousand years ago!).
So what exactly are mineral makeup products? They are simply cosmetic products that are made from natural minerals found in nature (like mica, titanium dioxide, zinc, iron oxides, ultramarine pigments, calcium). These minerals are mined from around the world, and then purified, powdered and mixed with other inorganic pigments for a wide color range.
Why should you use mineral makeup? Well, there are a myriad of advantages of mineral makeup over traditional makeup, I'll briefly list a few (I'll write a more detailed post about the benefits of mineral makeup later):
* mineral makeup doesn't contain harmful ingredients to the skin like chemicals, preservatives, oil, talc, fragrance
* mineral makeup is less expensive than traditional makeup
* mineral makeup is recommended by dermatologists, as it doesn't clog pores, is anti-inflammatory and actually nourishes the skin
there is a wide range of colors available
* mineral makeup behaves as an atioxidant, protecting the skin from the pollutants and free radicals in the air
* it makes the skin appear (and feel) younger and healthier
* mineral makeup lasts much longer than traditional makeup (and you can also sleep in it!)
* mineral cosmetics are not organic - they contain no moisture, and bacteria can't grow on them
* minerals are natural sunscreens
* mineral makeup covers blemishes, acne, large pores, scars very effectively
As more and more people are realizing the harm that traditional makeup products are doing to their skin, they are switching to natural mineral makeup products that are actually healing their skin.
This blog will try to help you in choosing the best mineral cosmetic products, as well as give you tips and advice on applying mineral makeup and maybe even preparing your own mineral makeup at home!
A few things about RAE that I love:Everything Rae has SPF 20 in it, and lord knows at my age we better all be wearing some spf. The foundation goes on like moisturizer and stays on so great. The mascara is now my favorite, I'm not allowed to say the brand I've always worn but Ro's concoction out does it for sure. This makeup is made for the HOT TEXAS SUN and it doesn't go on heavy like some makeups! Oh and my favorite...you can sleep in it....finally a thumbs up for my bad habit.
So get over the convenience factor of running to the mall and do your skin a favor....buy RAE cosmetics! heehee!
Now I have to say, I'm a RAE lover. I needed to buy some makeup a few months ago and I did....all RAE stuff. And I'm loving it. It's mineral makeup and if you don't know the difference in mineral makeup and dept. store makeup let me help you out...I found this info on
mineral makeup beauty blog...
WHAT IS MINERAL MAKEUP?
Mineral makeup has only recently become commercially popular, but is in fact the oldest form of makeup (Cleopatra used mineral cosmetics for her skin care - and that was more than two thousand years ago!).
So what exactly are mineral makeup products? They are simply cosmetic products that are made from natural minerals found in nature (like mica, titanium dioxide, zinc, iron oxides, ultramarine pigments, calcium). These minerals are mined from around the world, and then purified, powdered and mixed with other inorganic pigments for a wide color range.
Why should you use mineral makeup? Well, there are a myriad of advantages of mineral makeup over traditional makeup, I'll briefly list a few (I'll write a more detailed post about the benefits of mineral makeup later):
* mineral makeup doesn't contain harmful ingredients to the skin like chemicals, preservatives, oil, talc, fragrance
* mineral makeup is less expensive than traditional makeup
* mineral makeup is recommended by dermatologists, as it doesn't clog pores, is anti-inflammatory and actually nourishes the skin
there is a wide range of colors available
* mineral makeup behaves as an atioxidant, protecting the skin from the pollutants and free radicals in the air
* it makes the skin appear (and feel) younger and healthier
* mineral makeup lasts much longer than traditional makeup (and you can also sleep in it!)
* mineral cosmetics are not organic - they contain no moisture, and bacteria can't grow on them
* minerals are natural sunscreens
* mineral makeup covers blemishes, acne, large pores, scars very effectively
As more and more people are realizing the harm that traditional makeup products are doing to their skin, they are switching to natural mineral makeup products that are actually healing their skin.
This blog will try to help you in choosing the best mineral cosmetic products, as well as give you tips and advice on applying mineral makeup and maybe even preparing your own mineral makeup at home!
A few things about RAE that I love:Everything Rae has SPF 20 in it, and lord knows at my age we better all be wearing some spf. The foundation goes on like moisturizer and stays on so great. The mascara is now my favorite, I'm not allowed to say the brand I've always worn but Ro's concoction out does it for sure. This makeup is made for the HOT TEXAS SUN and it doesn't go on heavy like some makeups! Oh and my favorite...you can sleep in it....finally a thumbs up for my bad habit.
So get over the convenience factor of running to the mall and do your skin a favor....buy RAE cosmetics! heehee!



