Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Topic of the Week- Favorite Books!

Another topic I'm way behind on with my Cyber-sisters is Favorite books. I've gotten back in to reading and I'm loving it. Back in the day when I was managing restaurant/working 55-60 hr. weeks I could never find the time. Being pregnant and a stay at home mom has allowed me to dive back in to a few great books....these are them!! Thanks Kerry!!!

1] One of the last books a read and HIGHLY RECOMMEND it:
The Innocent Man by John Grisham-
I couldn't put this book down, it was so good. I love non-fiction and biography books the most. This was John Grishams only non-fiction book and he said it would be his last. Check it out!!

Click on the book ya'll!!

2] East of Eden by John Steinbeck- By far my most favorite book. A classic that's a must read to me. Don't let the size of the book scare you, it's worth every bit of it!! Click on it ya'll!!!

3] To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee--You've all read this classic book right??? We read this my junior or senior year of high school and It's always been a favorite of mine. Lee won the Pulitzer Prize for this one...click there...

4] The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren- This book is the reason I left Rudy's, came to Dallas, met Matthias and now have 2 beautiful Bambino's!!! (Okay, not exactly....But...) I started reading this book while struggling with the idea of leaving a very comfortable place in my life to have more. It's about your purpose here on Earth and is such an easy read. If you can make it through the first 2-3 chapters, you'll finally figure out where it's going...and for me it just hit home. I'm rereading it right now!!! Click on the book....

Honorable Mentions:
The Lovely Bones-Alice Sebold
Million Little Pieces-James Frey
My Life in and Out of the Rough-John Daly