Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Most Embarrising Story-Topic from weeks ago!!!

O-kay, I'm making a run at it. I've been out of the loop for a few weeks with my Cyber-sisters and this my attempt to get caught up. Each week we pick a topic to blog about and this is a fun one. My most embarrassing moment. Thanks Ally!!!

1) This story is so much better live, b/c I have props and hand gestures and moves that go along with it. Remind me next time we're together!!!This is Beth........

Back in 1997 while living in Kansas City Mo. I went out with a few of my girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. At the time, satin pants we're really popular or should I say trendy. Paired with a nice thick sweater and some tall boots, I was ready to hit the town. As the night progressed we we're spending more and more time out on the dance floor. You know busting a move and doing the girlfriend circle dance. I did this squat like move and felt a rip. So, I grabbed my girlfriend Beth and into the bathroom we went. OH-MY-GAWD! My satin pants we're ripped from seam to seam down the back of my new satin pants. (The rear area, if you know what I"m saying) Beth told me to pull off my sweater off and tie it around my waist, but when I looked in the mirror, in a twisting motion I saw nothing....my sweater seemed to cover my bottom. "Super" I pulled her out of the bathroom and back on to the dance floor. By this time all the birthday shots and margaritas had kicked in so I was invisible.....YEAH RIGHT.
I lasted all night long and my girlfriends didn't really know noticed b/c they we're never behind me, but it was so obvious to everyone else who was watching the dance floor and behind me that my pants we're super ripped. 3 hours later we we're home and in bed. No biggie.

The next morning I woke up and started discussing the night with the girls and remembered that I had ripped my pants. So I went upstairs to see how bad they were.....NO WAY YOU GUYS not even funny......and I went 3 more hours on the dance floor and around the club....???? I put them on to see how bad it was and it was not pretty! OUCHHHHH! What's fun about it, is that people we're clearing the dance floor and it seemed to be just me and my girls out there.....I remember thinking "Wow we must be great dancers, they just want to watch us dance".....not even thinking they we're just laughing at me......

So embarrassing, I didn't step foot in that bar for the rest of the time I lived in KC. MO.
Oh, and I stopped drinking for a few weeks too....I still have the pants and pull them out ever so often when I see the girls!!
Lesson Learned: Always listen to your girlfriends clothing advice...

Honorable mention--
2} Asking a friend you haven't seen in 5 years when her baby is due, then to find out she's not even pregnant.....and she didn't even look fat, it was just her long flowing dress at a wedding....And, she was standing next to a guy friend who is expecting in Aug. So, I put a couple together that I knew in my head didn't go....UGHHHHH This night was horrible....
Lesson Learned:Never Ever ask if someones pregnant, even if you know they are, just to be on the safe side....

3} Fell down while working at Jazz in Lubbock with a tray full of drinks and hit my head on the side of the table, ending up under the table. Started crying to cover up my embarrassment. As soon as I got into the office, I died with laughter.....
Kenda and I at prom...she was my date, we went stag....

4} Fell down at my Senior Prom flat on my face right after going through the food line. Food went everywhere. Lessons Learned: Sometimes you fall, if possible do it with grace...

I'm sure there are many many more, but we'll stop there.....Thanks Allison, I'm feeling embarrassed all over again...LOL!!!