Friday, December 01, 2006

Day Two in NYC-Sightseeing!!

I had plans to hook up with my good friends Lynn and Don, but that fell through last minute. So, I headed out on the town all alone(which turned out to be kinda nice). West on 51st Street past Park Ave, Fifth Ave to Madison Ave., I came to St. Patrick's Cathedral, did a quick tour and decided to stick around for mass at noon. This Cathedral is gorgeous!! Construction began in 1858 and wasn't completed until 1906, today it is the largest Catholic cathedral in the US. Mass was really nice and as usual refreshing. I was surprised at how many people were there, but then again this was a holiday feeling kind of day, the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting was that night. Bringing in 100,000 people just blocks from our hotel.

Lookin up!
Main Entrance
Views from the back

After mass I headed a block over to fifth ave. and into Rockefeller Center. This place is massive consisting of 18 buildings, the center is the GE building a 70-story art deco tower. Then all the shopping around and the outdoor skating rink, Radio City Music Hall, and the NBC Studios. I was all over this place!!

Next to the skating rink the Christmas Tree
This lady was jamming to Britney's Toxic...

This guy was rocking too....
Next time I'll be down there too...
Tree up against the GE Building
Back to our favorite deli for a afternoon treat and to the hotel for a little cat nap before Matthias and I went to dinner at another great restaurant, this time Italian. And a little more siteseeing.
With 100,000 people all around this is as close as we could get to the Tree...Same building as in the picture above--The GE building...
Merry Christmas Ya'll!!

On our walk back, Matthias spotted the German Flag flying outside a hotel, come to find out the German President had stayed there the night before...
Have I said yet?????
I Love NYC!!!!