Friday, December 01, 2006

Day One in NYC-David Letterman!!

Can I tell you how much I love NYC!! Its forsure my favorite city, of course Las Vegas being my favorite party city, but you can't beat the energy of NYC. Matthias had some business to attend to so I tagged along for the fun. Much Thanks to our DeeDee for coming in to take care of Ava Lou. We arrived Tues at noon, taxied to the hotel, checked in and found the best little pizza deli down the street. Then it was time to head on down to the Ed Sullivan Theater for the David Letterman Show. After standing in line for 2 minutes a girl came and asked us if we would like to pre-seat(another perk of being 7 1/2 months pregnant), ughhhh yeh. We made it into the show at around 4:20 and taping started at 5pm. Over 450 seats they have to fill, and we had some of the best--really there's not a bad seat in the house, but ours we're great. The energy of the show and the way they get you all fired up b-4 it even starts was really fun. They use all the audiences applause and laughter throughout the live taping so they really get you going
(back in the day this would have been a great job for me--Leading the crowd..lol)
Letterman was really funny and greeted us b-4 we started, that got everyone even more reved up. We had to retake two different times, which was really fun to watch Letterman redo his jokes, the sarcasm was thick both times...
And finally George Clooney made it out to greet us and do his interview. He looked great in his all black attire, and happy to talk about winning the People Magazines "Sexist Man of the Year" award for the second time....
By the time the show was over I was warn out!! We jetted back to the hotel met up with some others, had a great dinner down the street from the hotel and climbed into bed!!! That was our Day One in NYC!!

On our way to the show....
Ever time the firetrucks in NYC went by I got huge chill bumps...

We made it....
I had to include this one, this older gentleman had no idea how to work the camera...NICE thumb action, I guess you get what you ask for....
After the show..."These boots we're made for walking.."
The Sean Jean Empire is located across the street from the theater....He's everywhere
Did I say "I love NYC"????