Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9-11-01, where were you this day???



I was working my managing shift at Rudy's BBQ in Round Rock Texas, a suburb of Austin. I was up in the store helping out and making my rounds when a guy walked in and asked me if I could turn on the news. He said the radio reported that the World Trade Center was on fire. We turned it on and sure enough ever television station was covering the fire. More and more people were coming in and hanging in the dining room to watch the next most unexpected thing. The second explosion of the 2nd tower. Soon they were able to show the footage of the airplanes flying in to the towers. I can't explain how I felt, the explosions were huge a massive. I remember calling my mom and my friend Wes who lived in NYC. Then we learned about the Pentagon being hit by another plane and American flight 93 going down. We were being attacked here in the USA, something very foreign to us all. Before you know it we had a bunch of people crowded in the dining room watching the news. And it would stay that way the rest of the day. I remember running home, locking my doors and laying on the couch for days attached to the T.V. My heart was broken for many reasons. I questioned my own security and wondered if there would be another attack. Our world as we knew it would be changed forever...I pray today--6 years later-- for all the families who lost someone that day....