Thursday, February 15, 2007

Topic of the Week- Favorite Pictures....

Another tough one, thanks Kenda. There is no way I could go through all my pictures but these are a few from the last couple of years that really bring back memories or tell a story.....so here...you...go....Great topic Monet!!!


This was on Ava's first day of school-Mother's Day Out. I had been having a tough time deciding if she needed to go or not, but knew deep down in my heart how much she would love it. I think I cried for a week trying to decide if Tues. and Th. 9-2 would be to much for her, ARE U KIDDING ME?? The moment I put her backpack on and drove her to school, I knew everything was gonna be alright. When I got her out of the car and started our walk up to the doors, she told me "Let's Go Mommy". To this day, it's the best thing I could have done for her...she loves it so much!!!
I think Kenda took this picture at a "Jazz Girl Reunion" in Austin one year. It just brings back so many memories of being out on Lake Austin during the summers. My great friend Rochelle lived out on the lake and we spent many a days out on Lake Austin in her boat, many a afternoons drinking margarita's out on the deck at Hula Hut, and many of nights out on her deck cooking out and drinking wine. This picture is of Fresh(Chirsty) and I on Rochelle's boat tooting around on the lake. So refreshing and easy going, I love it...Those we're the good ole' days for sure!!!
Aghhh this one makes me tear up when I see it. We had just delivered Ava Louise and the nurse snatched the camera and said, "Smile". If you look at Matthias's eye's you can tell the emotions this new Daddy must have been feeling.....really a unforgettable moment....I love it!! May be a little to much for some to view...but hey, its part of life, how else are you suppose to get em out..heehee!!

Another one I love because of the emotions of it all. After our wedding and after all the pictures we're taken, we we're on our way to the reception. As we walked out of St. Elizabeth's to go get in my Grand Jeep Cherokee, low and behold a horse drawn carriage was there waiting for us. I was so surprised. My Mom set the whole thing up....and it was such a sweet surprise...just for the two of us.....My face says it all!!!
My all time favorite. Not only for the simple fact that my Mema is in it but, because of the story behind it... My mom and Aunt Brenda brought my 89 year old Mema down to see her 6th Great Grand-baby. The stayed a few days and it was so awesome to have them all together at my house. This picture was our 3rd Generation picture and Ava was sound asleep. My Aunt Brenda gave us the count down before snapping the picture. 1, 2--and on 3 Ava let out the biggest toot, it shook my Mema's hand. On 3 she also snapped the picture which captured all the laughter....it was great...again the picture says it all!!


Thanks for a great topic Kenda!!