This song came out in 1976- I was 5 years old. I’m not sure what year I fell in love with it, but it was for sure introduced to me by my rocking brothers. Chris and Kerry and a few other boys on
The KISS Dynasty tour was my first concert EVER it was Halloween of 1979 I was 8 years old. I Was Made For Lovin’ You was the most popular song from this album…This for sure started my love for some good ole Rock-n-Roll!!!
Dreams by Van Halen
Listen HereThis song came out in 1986. 5150 the whole album rocks!! Some of the best days of my life-High School, if you asked me if I'd go back...IN A SECOND!! This song reminds me of everyone getting their drivers license and us cruising downtown and on all the back roads of Slaton. Mostly when I hear Van Halen I think of Kurt Vickers the most, not really sure why. Maybe we listened to it the most in his CAMARO!!! Really anytime I hear Van Halen it takes me back. Dreams is just my all time favorite Van Halen.
Round Here by Counting Crows
Listen here: This song came out in 1993. I moved all alone to a brand new city-AUSTIN, TEXAS...and it changed everything about me. No more BIG bows, No more make-up, No more wind shorts, tons of independence and brand new friends. Got a job at Jazz on 6th Street and soon moved into a big house with about 7-10 of my co-workers. "The Eastside" house we would call it. Jazz on 6th street in those days was the place to be. The clientele were all regulars the music was always great, and it was always packed. We all worked hard together at Jazz making plenty of money to blow once we we're off and out on 6th street. The Album got played a lot at our house late nights and this song reminds me of those days....Would I go back??? IN A SECOND!!!
California Love by Tupac and Dr. Dre
Listen here:
The guys would change the lyrics (or was that Alma and Janet) to-"In the citaaaaay........City of Lubbock, we keep it rockin, we keep it rockin"
North Dakota by Lyle Lovett

This weeks topic has been a challenge, I needed it to be more like your top 10 songs. I found my self going more for my favorite artist at times and not my favorite songs, so it was hard. Music has always been a big part of who I am. Growing up there was always music in our house. And when I moved to Austin I discovered how much I loved watching live music, we spent most of our nights going to live shows. Then, when I lived in Denver I opened and worked at the Fillmore Auditorium, got to see 2-4 concerts a week. I was on a roll for a while, we'll have to pick back up once these babies get a little older!!
Honorable Mention....
Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews
Listen here
This song came out in 1996. I first fell in love with Dave in Austin seeing him for the first time in 1993 with Blues Travelers. I listened to alot of Dave Matthews in the 90's...ALOT. This song reminds me of the "Good Times in the 90's"!!!
Angel by Sarah Mclachlan
Listen here
This song came out in 1997. Most of you might remember it from the movie City of Angels. I just love this song and mostly love singing it at the top of my lungs in my car on long road trips(usually by myself). To be honest with you I love EVERYTHING SARAH!! I Will Remember You, Ice Cream, Mary, I Will Not Forget You, Everything off her Surfacing CD, and many others. SOS turned me on to Sarah in 1996 right as I was about to graduate from Texas Tech. After graduation I moved to Kansas City and made many road trips back and forth I would listen to this CD and this song over and over.(kinda like kendra spoke about)
Matthias asked me one day way back in the beginning, "If you could be and do anything in the world what would it be...My answer..........Back up singer for Sarah Mclachlan, not Sarah, just her back up singer........We laugh about that all the time. But I'm not kidding!!!



